To protect our staff and visitors from the current virus
will be closed to visitors until further notice
Thank you for your cooperation.
View all of the dogs here at Carr House Rescue Centre. We are constantly seeking new, loving homes for our rescue dogs, so if you would like to know more, you can either give us a call or pop into our centre.
Take a look at our dog of the month and adopt them to give he or she their forever home. We are looking for caring individuals and families to give our rescue dogs a happy and fulfilling life.
Our reputable dog rescue centre finds loving homes for stray dogs taken off the streets of Hull, East Yorkshire, by the council’s dog wardens. Established since 1994, our family-run kennels have taken in abandoned dogs and provided a safe haven for them, regardless of their breed. You can find details of the services provided by the dog wardens here.
Contact our dog rescue centre and kennels in Hull, East Yorkshire, to discover more about our dogs.
While in our care, every dog receives the very best in medical care, attention, and TLC. We ensure those that are not reclaimed are cared for while we attempt to find them a new family. We only ask for a small donation for our dogs, which includes your new family member being microchipped. Carr House Rescue Centre wants to ensure all dog lovers can afford to get a new 4-legged family member.
To ensure your dog is safe from disease, Haven Veterinary Group offers a special affordable rate for vaccinations.
While we do provide you with images of the dogs we have at our centre, it is important that you visit us so you can get a better idea of the dog’s temperament and your compatibility with your preferred pooch. Information about the dogs we seek homes for is naturally vague, and based on observations while the dogs are in our kennels.
Many dogs find kennels stressful and consequently, do not give a good impression when you visit. We would appreciate your understanding this, and recommend that you persevere with your potential new family member. You can take them out into our fields and gain their trust, and we can also arrange for the dog to visit your home to ensure you are all compatible with each other.
Our team are constantly looking for loving homes for our rescue dogs. If you feel that you could provide a home for one of our dogs, please give us a call or pop into our centre. No appointment is necessary for viewings.
1. The centre is open from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. 7 days a week. No appointment is needed - just come along to have a walk around and meet the dogs. Once you have found a dog you like, you can take them on a walk on our field and spend some time with them. You don’t have to decide straight away - you can walk as many dogs as you like while you are visiting to make sure you choose the perfect dog for your family.
2. As all our dogs are strays, they cannot be rehomed until they have stayed with us for 7 days. If you are interested in one of our dogs, we will take your details and put a reserve down for you. Also, if the dog has only just come in, please feel free to keep coming down to walk them so they can get to know you.
If you have any other dogs or children, it is essential that they also visit so they can be introduced to your chosen dog. All our dogs’ behaviour is monitored around other dogs, however they are strays so we cannot tell if they will get on with children or other animals.
This is why it is important that your chosen dog meets all of your family as soon as possible.
3. When the dog is out of its time and ready to leave, somebody will carry out a home visit. This is mostly to check that your garden is safe and secure for the dog as well as big enough for the needs of that specific dog.
However, if you live out of the Hull area and we are unable to carry out a home visit, you can bring either photographs or a video of your garden so that we can see the full area is secure. As long as your visit or photograph has been checked and passed, you are ready to pick up your chosen dog.
If there are any problems, such as a gap in the fence where the dog could escape, we will give you time to get it fixed. But we cannot hold dogs for a long period of time, as we have dogs brought in on a daily basis, so we ask you to resolve any problems as soon as possible.
4. Once the successful home visit has been carried out, and the dog is ready to leave, if you have other animals or young children, we do allow you to take the dog for a 24-hour trial so they can meet any other animals. Then, you can also see how they settle down with other dogs or children.
If you are happy with how the dog has settled in overnight, you can come back the next day to sign for them. If there are any issues or you feel as though you need more time, we can extend the initial trial to give your dog more time to settle in.
5. When you come to sign for your new family member, you are provided with a vaccination voucher, as we are unaware if any of the dogs are vaccinated when they are brought in to us. It is necessary to start a new course of vaccinations from the beginning.
This voucher assists you with the cost of your dog’s first 2 vaccinations at Haven Vets in Hull or Hedon. Your dog will be chipped by us as it leaves the kennels and the details will be registered by us on your behalf. We do provide a 7-day trial once a dog has been signed for - this allows you to return the dog to the kennels if you have any problems or issues. Unfortunately, we cannot refund your donation, but you may take a different dog within this 7-day period.
You now have a new member of the family! Please come back and visit us or send us a photograph.
Please contact us with any questions or comments using the information below. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you!
Carr House Rescue Centre
East Carr Road,
Monday – Sunday
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.